I can very well relate to T. Harv Ecker’s definitions of the POOR person and Wealthy Person. After reading Ecker’s definitions, I can say that I have not come out of being a POOR person because I have not mastered 2 out of the 17 definitions; they are #12 and #15 on this list. I am sharing this with y’all because it’s my nature to do so. When I come across something that I think would be beneficial for many of us, if not all, I share it…!
The 17 Differences in MINDSET Between a Wealthy Person’s
Outlook and a POOR Person’s Outlook:
(Definition of POOR: Passing Over Opportunities Repeatedly)
1) I Create My LIFE vs. LIFE Happens to me.
2) Rich people PLAY to WIN — POOR people play not to lose.
3) Rich people commit to being Rich — POOR people can’t commit to goals or outcomes.
4) Rich THINK BIG — POOR people think small.
5) Rich people focus on Opportunities – POOR people focus on Obstacles.
6) Rich people admire other Rich people — POOR people resent successful people.
7)Rich people associate with successful people — POOR people associate with negative unsuccessful people.
8) Rich people are willing to promote themselves & their value — POOR people think negatively about selling and promoting.
9) Rich people are bigger than their problems — POOR people are smaller than their problems.
10) Rich people are excellent receivers — POOR people are POOR receivers.
11) Rich people choose to get paid for their results — POOR people choose to get paid based on time.
12) Rich people manage their money well — POOR people mismanage their money well.
13) Wealthy people focus on their Networth — POOR people focus on their bills.
14) Rich people think: “BOTH” — POOR people think: “either or”.
15) Rich people have their money work for them — POOR people work hard for their money.
16) Rich people act inspite of FEAR — POOR people let FEAR stop them.
17) Rich people constantly learn new things — POOR people think they already know.
— T. Harv Ecker “Secrets of the Millionaire Mind”
I have always thought myself to be one of the wealthiest people I know. I have been in pretty good health especially for my age, I have a variety talents that I have used to make a living and continue to do so, I lack a substance-abuse addictive personality, I am mentally sane, I have two handfuls of very close friends around this country, my siblings are half-way decent with me, I have three fine children, and 7 wonderful grandchildren. However, I don’t have money (not at this point in my life anyway). I work hard for my money; it comes and it goes. Though I am not thousands of dollars in debt like I have been. Now that I am single (and not plural), I haven’t changed much since I was married. I still behave as if I have money because like I said, money comes and money goes…it’s a cycle. Yet, I want to experience being filthy rich with lots of money. I desire to know what that feels like. I wonder if the experience will be any different than my childhood, or my entire adulthood where I lived hand to mouth. I am going to find out!!!—Let’s see if I can be a millionaire within 5 years!